Wednesday 14 December 2016

Murray Christmas! | Decorating The Tree


It's pretty safe for me to say that other than Christmas Day itself, one of my absolute favourite days of the year is the day we bring down all of the decorations and finally put up my beloved Christmas tree! To me it signifies that Christmas is well and truly under way; I can begin to feel festive and get into that Christmassy mood. Although I love all the decorations placed around our home, the tree will always have a special place in my heart...so special I've gone to the trouble of naming it! Everyone, meet Murray, Murray Christmas!






Just a week ago I blasted on my Christmas playlist, dancing like a crazy fool whilst I decorated the tree. As the one in my family who has always enjoyed and looked forward to this every year, I'm always given full control of exactly how I would like to decorate it, which is absolutely perfect for me! 

Whilst we always stick on the gold theme, we have such a diverse range of ornaments that there really is something different going on wherever you look! And although we have quite a few classic decorations, many which I believe my family have been using since before I was born, we always make it a must to pick up a couple of new tree ornaments every year, with these generally getting placed front and centre to well and truly get the attention they deserve. Although I love each individual decoration, I picked a couple of my favourites and some of the newer decorations for you to feast your eyes on, as well as to get a clearer idea as what sort of ornaments we generally like.

As we have an artificial tree, we're also blessed with the fact that we have lights built within our tree - one of my least favourite tasks when decorating the tree otherwise. There are also little pinecones dusted around here and there, however I still need to add a little tinsel. Although I know many people aren't, I am personally a big fan of a little tinsel on the tree. We used to have these ribbons that could be wrapped around the tree, but I always found them to look quite messy. I find that tinsel pulls everything together and makes the tree look even more festive!

Finally, one thing that never changes however is Santa. Santa always takes top spot on our Christmas tree, overlooking the living room, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

How have you decorated your tree this year? 

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig