Monday 5 December 2016

Best Christmas Movies


With Christmas just around the corner, there's a few things that have already begun to put me into the festive spirit. Although we haven't yet decked up our house with decorations and my beloved Christmas tree, Christmas movies having been showing up here, there and everywhere...and I just can't resist but to watch them all. Saying that, after planning this post, I've realised just how many Christmas movies I haven't watched - I know, I'm a bad person!

The Holiday
By far my favourite movie to watch at this time of year. Although when watching it I don't always think "Christmas, Christmas, Christmas", especially when considering over half of the film in set in sunny L.A. which doesn't quite scream typical Christmas movie, there's just a warm feeling I always get inside when watching this film. I find the characters incredibly loveable...don't get me started on the old man, and the little hints of Christmas here and there make it a perfect watch for this festive season!

How The Grinch Stole Christmas
A classic. Well, at least a classic for me. The Grinch is one of the few Christmas films that I can remember watching as kid and continued to do so year on year. With that said, I honestly can't recall the last time I watched it! But if someone asked me for a Christmas movie on the spot, then The Grinch would most definitely be the first one to come to my mind. This is my childhood Christmas all over...and I'm going to watch it right now!

Elf
Oh Buddy, how I love thee! I honestly don't know how anyone just couldn't fall in love with Will Ferrell's portrayal of Buddy in Elf; he really is such a loveable character! The film that pretty much throws all of Christmas in your face at once; it's the perfect pick-me-up film for this time of year.

Love Actually
I remember being about 10 years old, sitting down to watch Love Actually...now that I've looked at the rating of this film, that might not have been the most sensible thing to do, but you could always find me and my sister sat there watching films like Charlie's Angels and Miss Congeniality; none of them did any bad. So once again, this is really another classic for me, but honestly anything with Hugh Grant or Colin Firth in seems to remind me of my childhood - please say I'm not the only one! I don't always find it to scream Christmas, similarly to The Holiday, but it's always a film which must be pulled out on the countdown. I think that maybe because Elf pretty much screams Christmas here, there and everywhere, no other film will ever be viewed as being as festive in my eyes. Anyhow, this rom-com is perfection and I always like to pretend that I'm just as talented as the girl who sings "All I Want For Christmas"...we can dream!

The Flight Before Christmas
By far the least known of the five movies I've chosen, and by far the most childish, even if it is Christmas and the majority of Christmas films have an overwhelming sense of childishness. The Flight Before Christmas is an animated movie focussing on a reindeer, Niko, who is trying to overcome his fear of flying. Sounds a little weird, but I couldn't help but fall in love with Niko on his journey. This would also be the perfect movie for anyone with little one, however also great for those bigs kids at heart...evidently shown from my love of the film!

What are your favourite movies to snuggle up to and watch in the festive season?

Lots of Love
Share:

2 comments

  1. Wizard of oz reminds me of xmas even though there is no xmas theme to it. I'm old so like the really old films Holiday Inn (Bing Crosby), Miracle on 34th Street (1947 version)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Christmas Story is A great Christmas movie Also

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig