Tuesday 13 December 2016

Festive Nail Polishes Picks That Aren't All Red!


Along with Christmas within the beauty world comes festive nails! Whilst the vast majority of people opt for a classic Christmassy red, there are so many other options out there for our consideration. So although I don't have the largest nail polish collection going (I'm not really one to paint my nails often), I had a little rummage around and found some choices which I thought would be perfect for the festive season; some a little different from your usual Christmassy colours.


Lets start with the red nail polishes. After all they will be the most popular options amongst us. The perfect glittery Christmas red within my collection was most definitely the Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour polish, which in this shades case unfortunately appears to be discontinued. However, they still offer a wide variety of festive reds within their range! The Bourjois So Laque nail varnish in Rouge Escarpin was also a clear winner for me. Whilst slightly on the pinkish red side, this is perfect for those of you who are looking for a super glossy finish. And finally I had to include my Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Kook-a-Mango. Even though this is usually my go-to summer shade, as the red is slightly more vibrant than a typical Christmas red, the entire Sally Hansen range are hands down my favourite nail polishes on the market, and even if you don't choose to pick up this more summery option, I'm sure they sell a wide range of festive options instead!

Aside from reds however, there are still other options which will suit this season perfectly. It's pretty safe to say that I'm not the only one who is a massive fan of the Essie nail polish range, but with that said I only have one in my entire collection! The Essie Nail Laquer in Spin The Bottle is the perfect lighter, slightly frostier option within my small collection. A kind of off white which would go perfectly with a little glitter on top! 

Speaking of glitter! Glitter is also another option perfect for the festive season. The Tanya Burr Nail Polish in Carnival Night is perfect for adding a lot of sparkle to your nails! Packed full of colourful glitter, this varnish is perfect to layer upon Spin The Bottle, or if you want to go one step further, on top of your classic Christmas red. Unfortunately however, this nail polish was only available with the Tanya Burr advent calendar for 2015. Fear not however, as there are so many other choices out there! And finally, not a typical Christmas colour but my purple glitter nail polish from the AVON Color Trend collection in the shade Fuchsia Dazzle is a great option to set yourself apart from everyone else. Like I mentioned, not a classic option, but it's glitter, and who doesn't like a little glitter at Christmas!

What are your favourite Christmas nail trends?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig